Every year around this time, I find myself feeling good or not so good about the resolutions I contemplated a few weeks ago. The emotional commitments are easier to keep and easier to hide if you don’t.
And then there are those resolutions that are easier to see. Quitting this or that, cutting down this or that, or picking up this or that—smoking, eating, exercising, for example. In the winter months, it’s easier to hide what you don’t want to show, it’s also a great time to focus on your skincare routine, make moves to get your skin—from face to foot—in shape for a springtime reveal!
While everyone’s talking about the “new you,” the “improved you,” “you, only better”…I’m pretty sure a large dose of confidence acts as the ultimate curator for what resolutions are really worth keeping especially when it comes to beauty, which ultimately matters when it’s synonymous with health…both physical and mental.
As we approach the month full of love language, here are a few resolutions that crossover to self-love. A subject all of us can appreciate and commit to these days. Think Miley Cyrus’s “Flowers,” and everyone from 31-year-old Emily Ratajkowski to 77-year-old Diane Keaton’s reaction!
- Don't soap all your body every time you shower. It’s unnecessary, and will keep your skin from drying out. It is also a good way to save water!
- Moisturize after every shower, it takes very little time but makes a big difference. Our Total Body Serum is an intensive sculpting treatment designed to diminish the appearance of orange-peel skin, help eliminate fluids and firm the silhouette. This serum also incorporates an innovative release system known as "lamellar emulsion" that mimics the organization of the skin's natural lipids and ensures the optimal absorption of the ingredients to release them effectively and precisely where the skin needs it the most. In addition, this powerful cocktail contains a biomimetic tetrapeptide that provides a draining effect to prevent fluid retention and finally an emollient derived from lactic acid which renews and softens the skin's appearance.
- Dry Brush your body every other day. It helps restore firmness and unclogs pores in the exfoliation process. It also helps detoxify your skin by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph drainage and flow.
- Face slapping yourself gently for a few seconds in the morning, will get the blood circulating—love tap your cheeks, forehead, chin, neck and décolleté.
- Kiss yourself every day. Kiss your hand, your arms…It feels wonderful and is an act of self-love that goes a long way.
- For that instant satisfaction, sweep ALLEVEN Instant in Rose, on your cheeks, your eyes and your lips after your favorite balm (newsflash: ours is on the way in Spring) but something like Aquaphor will do the job.